NEW YORK, June 4, 2015 – The National Basketball Association (NBA) announced today a multiyear partnership with Fanatics to operate the new 25,000-square-foot NBA flagship store scheduled to open at 545 Fifth Avenue in time for the 2015 holiday season.
The new three-floor store will offer the widest selection of NBA merchandise available including jerseys, footwear, headwear, basketballs, novelties and exclusive NBA gear, and its multidimensional design will merge historical NBA memorabilia with state-of-the-art technology and interactive experiences. Fans will stay connected to the game through a digital ticker displaying the latest league news, game highlights and social media posts, while high-definition flat screen televisions will show live games, NBA TV programming and other NBA content.
“We are thrilled to build on our nearly decade-long relationship with Fanatics by using their expertise to enhance our flagship store,” said NBA Senior Vice President, Global Retail Development Chris Brennan. “Partnering with the market leader in sports retail provides a unique opportunity to grow our retail business and offer our fans a seamless and enjoyable shopping experience.”
“Fanatics is very excited to expand our already incredible partnership with the NBA,” said Fanatics Vice President of In-Venue Commerce Brendan McQuillan. “By bringing our technology leadership and scale to the league’s new flagship location, NBA fans will now be able to have a comprehensive shopping experience whether at home, on the go or when visiting the amazing NBA Store in midtown Manhattan.”
Visitors to the store will experience:
- Interactive product displays that locate specific items as well as top-selling merchandise
- Dedicated customization area where fans can personalize NBA jerseys
- Concierge service offering private tours, personal shopping and the option to have products shipped to a customer’s home or delivered to a local hotel
- 3,000 square feet of event space to accommodate a range of special programs including player appearances, autograph and book signings, and private parties
- Activities including video games, Pop-A-Shot, and player measurement charts
As the operator of NBAStore.com, the league’s e-commerce site, Fanatics will also create a synchronized shopping experience by providing customers direct access to the website’s vast inventory through in-store handheld devices.